Red onion, blueberry, balsamic and Le Jersey du Fjord pie
- 1 pie crust, 23 cm (9 in.)
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) Dijon mustard
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) butter
- 1 litre (4 cups) red onions, sliced
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) balsamic vinegar
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) maple syrup
- 125 ml (½ cup) fresh or frozen blueberries
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 210 g (7 oz) Le Jersey du Fjord cheese, sliced
Preheat the oven to 350 °F (180 °C). Pre-bake the pie crust for 10 minutes, then brush it with Dijon mustard.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat and brown the onions for 10 minutes. Deglaze with the balsamic vinegar and maple syrup. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes so the onions are well coated. Add the blueberries and a generous amount of pepper.
Fill the crust with the blueberry and onion mixture. Cover with the Le Jersey du Fjord and bake 25 to 30 minutes or until both the crust and the cheese are golden brown.
Looking for an alternative to this cheese?