Pulled pork with Fêtard
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) butter
- 1.6 kg (3.5 lb) pork shoulder
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 125 ml (½ cup) ketchup
- 85 ml (1/3 cup) brown sugar
- 60 ml (¼ cup) cider vinegar
- 1 pinch ground hot pepper
- 7 ml (1½ tsp.) Worcestershire sauce
- One 341 ml bottle of beer, your choice
- 210 g (7 oz)LeFêtard cheese,grated and/orsliced
Preheat the oven to 325 °F (160 °C).
In a bowl, mix the ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, ground hot pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Set aside.
In an oven-proof saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat and sear the pork for 2 minutes per side. Remove the pork and set it aside. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes to brown them slightly. Place the pork back into the saucepan, then pour the ketchup mix and beer in. Bring to a boil. When it boils, cover and bake for 3 hours.
Remove the pork from the sauce. Using a fork, shred the meat and discard the excess fat. Return the pork to the sauce and add the Le Fêtard cheese. Stir and serve before the cheese is fully melted. Serve on a sandwich or salad.
Looking for an alternative to this cheese?
Portions 6 to 8
3 hours and 15 minutes