La Dame du Lac pear crumble
- 4 pears, sliced
- 250 g (8 oz) La Dame du Lac cheese
- 22 ml (1½ tbsp.) butter, softened
- 60 ml (¼ cup) brown sugar
- 160 ml (2/3 cup) quick-cooking rolled oats
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) flour
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) 15% country-style cream
- 2 ml (½ tsp.) vanilla
Preheat the oven to 400 °F (200 °C).
Arrange the pear slices at the bottom of a large dish or six individual oven-proof dishes. Cut La Dame du Lac slices approximately 0.5 cm (¼ in.) thick and lay them over the pears.
In a bowl, mix the remaining ingredients, then spread the mixture over the cheese.
Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until the pears are tender and the crumble crisp and golden. Serve warm.
Looking for an alternative to this cheese?
Visit our Semi-soft cheeses section.