Bacon With Onions Caramelized in Maple Syrup on a Bed of L’Extra Grand Camembert
- 40 g (1.5 oz) bacon strips
- 50 g (2 oz) onions, julienned
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) maple syrup
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) balsamic reduction
- 100 g (4 oz) L’Extra Grand Camembert cheese, cut into four pieces
- 150 ml (2/3 cup) balsamic vinegar, reduced by 90 % in a skillet
In a skillet with a thick bottom, fry the bacon until crispy. Add the julienned onions and cook until soft. Add the maple syrup and let simmer for one minute. Zigzag the balsamic reduction across the plates. Put a piece of cheese on each plate and top with a quarter of the warm mixture.