Asparagus With Cheddar From Here and Pecans
- 450 g (1 lb) asparagus, cooked then cooled
- 55 g (2 oz) of Cheddar From Here, finely grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
Snap off the hard asparagus stems. Steam or boil asparagus in salted water until tender. Asparagus can be microwaved for 8 minutes with 45 ml (3 tbsp.) of water. After cooking, immediately plunge into ice water. Drain and set aside.
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) country cream, 15%
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) creamy horseradish
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) maple syrup
- Juice and zest of half an orange
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Whip all the ingredients. Set aside.
Orange spiced pecans
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) sugar
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) water
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Orange zest
- Approximately 40 g (1/4 cup) pecans
In a saucepan, cook sugar and water until caramelized. Do not stir. Add the cayenne pepper and orange zest. Add pecans and quickly spread on parchment paper. Let cool and break into pieces. Set aside.
Place asparagus on a serving platter, pour on dressing, sprinkle Cheddar From Here and orange spiced pecans.