Apricot Cake With La Tomme des Demoiselles
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) of 15% cooking cream
- 250 ml (1 cup) La Tomme des Demoiselles, grated
- 2 eggs
- 250 ml (1 cup) milk
- 250 ml (1 cup) sugar
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) vanilla
- Zest of one lemon, finely grated
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) cornmeal
- 250 ml (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.), plus 60 ml (1/4 cup) soft butter, unsalted, in cubes
- 1 can 398 ml (14 oz) of apricots, halved
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) pistachios, crushed
- 3 ml (1/2 tsp.) whole nutmeg, grated
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) icing sugar
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
In a small saucepan, heat cream, add La Tomme des Demoiselles. Let it melt. Set aside.
In a bowl, mix eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, and lemon zest. Add the cream and La Tomme des Demoiselles mixture. Set aside. In another bowl, mix cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt. Add the liquid mixture.
Grease a spring form pan with 30 ml (2 tbsp.) of butter. Pour batter into the pan. Place apricot halves on the batter, and spread out the pistachios and butter cubes. Sprinkle with grated nutmeg. Bake in the centre of the oven for approximately 40 minutes, until a fork inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve.